Friday, November 27, 2009

Why Companies Are Afraid To Talk To You

It was my sincere pleasure to be asked to write a guest blog post this week for Web Marketing Therapy. The topic is one I think about *every* day, as I try to find companies that treat me not as a "valued resource" but as a genuinely important part of their business. It's maddening to see companies treat clients, customers and consumers like animals in a cage, teasing us with bad sales tactics and beating us with terrible customer support.

Of course, after any bad experience we can't help but think, "Why?" And so, please join me on Web Marketing Therapy for Why Companies Are Afraid to Talk To You.

I'd love to hear your feedback - and your good and bad experiences with large companies and small!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Erica,
THANK YOU for posting such a great article on Web Marketing Therapy www.webmarketingtherapy.com. It was smart, savvy and so helpful.

I think companies large and small forget that marketing is simply about building relationships. Being approachable, authentic, helpful and offering value is what builds trust. Shoving social media spam down market throats is a guaranteed turn off.

What I love are the companies who say social media or web marketing doesn't work...when I revisit what and how they executed it's usually pretty obvious!
-Lorrie

Erica Fredman said...

@Lorrie - Thank you for allowing me to post on your terrific site. It's my genuine pleasure to be associated with such *amazing* people!

Project Wonderful

ShareThis